The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Don’t seek an experience - an emotional high - rather than God. If you do, you will be very disappointed. God doesn’t always reveal Himself in the ways you think He should. Seek God for who He is, not for an emotional experience.
- World: If someone hits you, you hit them back.
- God: If someone hits you, turn the other cheek.
- World: Your life is worthless.
- God: Your life is everything to me.
- World: Give into the desires and temptations you long for.
- God: Let me chisel you into the original masterpiece I made you as.
- World: Life is meaningless. Kill yourself.
- God: Life is meaningful and full of wonderful mysteries from Me. Be patient just a little longer, I am coming soon.
- World: Love is sex, money, and pleasures.
- God: Love is defined by what My Son, what He did for You on that cross.
- World: Give up.
- God: Try it one more time my child. This time trust in Me and it will happen.
"When I was a Buddhist, it was like I was drowning in a big lake, and I didn’t know how to swim. I was going under for the third time when Buddha walked up to the edge of the lake and began to teach me to swim. Buddha said, ‘Start moving your hands and kicking your legs, but you have to make it to shore yourself!’ Then Jesus Christ walked up to the edge of the lake, but He did not stop there! He dove into the lake, swam out, rescued me, and brought me to the shore. After He brought me to shore, then He taught me how to swim, so I could go back and rescue others!"
Even when I am restless and tired, I know that Jesus still loves me. I know that He still holds me, and I can lie down and find rest in His bosom, and drink in His great and constant love for me. No matter how many times I change, He never will.
(August 22, 2012)
- Me: God, I'm so sorry. I've failed you again.
- God: I know you think I should convict you and guilt you into repentance, but I don’t think that’s what you really need. Underneath it all, I know that you question unconditional love and my ability to love such a broken race. But believe me when I say, this love is real, it’s unbreakable, it’s purely heavenly and nothing you can do will ever change that.